Welcome to Rhode Island Raised Livestock Association's home page.
Monday, April 7, 2014
2014 Annual Meeting
West Greenwich Elks Lodge
Owner Shipper Statement
May be used for interstate shipment of livestock for slaughter.
Find A Farm
The Rhode Island Raised Livestock Association (RIRLA) is a non-profit membership organization founded and directed by Rhode Island farmers. Established in 2005 to address the
issue of the lack of USDA processing infrastructure in RI and the New England region, RIRLA now offers many
benefits to its farmer members including the USDA inspected Processing Scheduling Service, trainings, networking and
other educational events for farmers, technical assistance, grain discounts, a quarterly newsletter and more.
The Processing Scheduling Service, based in Rhode Island, offers farmer members a convenient, local and cost
-effective way to have their animals processed at USDA inspected and approved facilities. This in turn allows farmers
to market and sell their meat and meat products to the general public, increasing overall farm income. The result is increased economic viability for RI's farmers and farms.
RIRLA also brings multiple benefits to the state of Rhode Island as a whole including:
- Contributing over $1,500,000 to the local economy in 2012
- Strengthening the local food infrastructure
- Improving access to healthy, nutritious, sustainably-produced meat and meat products
- Protecting open space and working farms
- Increasing the business and production capacity of Rhode Island farms
- Preserving Rhode Island's rural culture and history
Please browse through these pages and learn more about the Rhode Island Raised Livestock Association and all it has to offer farmers and the general public.